Definition of vascular:
- Consisting of, or containing, vessels as an essential part of a structure; full of vessels; specifically ( Bot.), pertaining to, or containing, special ducts, or tubes, for the circulation of sap.
- Of or pertaining to the higher division of plants, that is, the phaenogamous plants, all of which are vascular, in distinction from the cryptogams, which to a large extent are cellular only.
- Of or pertaining to the vessels of animal and vegetable bodies; as, the vascular functions.
- Operating by means of, or made up of an arrangement of, vessels; as, the vascular system in animals, including the arteries, veins, capillaries, lacteals, etc.
More especially in his later writings and speakings do we see the native New England traits,- the alertness, eagerness, inquisitiveness, thrift, dryness, archness, caution, the nervous energy as distinguished from the old English unction and vascular force.- "Birds and Poets", John Burroughs.
- "Thoracic and Coracoid Arteries In Two Families of Birds, Columbidae and Hirundinidae", Marion Anne Jenkinson.
1077. In the vascular system of a plant, we at once see the great analogy which it bears to the veins and arteries in the human system; but neither it, nor the cellular tissue combined, is all that is required to perfect the production of a vegetable.- "The Book of Household Management", Mrs. Isabella Beeton.