Definition of yacht :
1. A light and elegantly furnished vessel, used either for private parties of pleasure, or as a vessel of state to convey distinguished persons from one place to another; a seagoing vessel used only for pleasure trips, racing, etc.
2. To manage a yacht; to voyage in a yacht.
racing boat, sea-going taxi, class boat, auxiliary racer, single-sticker, racing yacht, sloop
boat (part of speech: noun)
freighter, bark, watercraft, cabin cruiser, dugout, destroyer, gondola, scow, aircraft carrier, raft, frigate, tanker, schooner, longboat, fishing boat, kayak, galley, lifeboat, dinghy, sampan, merchantman, dory, cutter, houseboat, icebreaker, vessel, cruiser, submarine, scull, tugboat, battleship, motorboat, gunboat, skiff, speedboat, ocean liner, trawler, boat, liner, barge, pontoon, bateau, catamaran, sailboat, ship, hulk, cargo boat, paddle boat, ferry, steamboat, hydrofoil, canoe, rowboat
- I have seen him the owner of a luxurious yacht; I have met him, half- ragged, looking for a job, with every appearance of poverty and misery." - "Plotting in Pirate Seas", Francis Rolt-Wheeler.
- Do you know what a gentleman who has a yacht would do when he got into Gravesend as we got in last night? - "Macleod of Dare", William Black.
- The lad can handle a yacht all right. - "Monitress Merle", Angela Brazil.