Definition of manage:
- Hence: Esp., to guide by careful or delicate treatment; to wield with address; to make subservient by artful conduct; to bring around cunningly to one's plans.
- The handling or government of anything, but esp. of a horse; management; administration. See Manege.
- To bring about; to contrive.
- To direct affairs; to carry on business or affairs; to administer.
- To have under control and direction; to conduct; to guide; to administer; to treat; to handle.
- To train in the manege, as a horse; to exercise in graceful or artful action.
- To treat with care; to husband.
give care, distribute, wipe out, neck, maintain, cause, wangle, get by, fill in, fudge, have intercourse, shell out, instruct, fare, oversee, dole out, disburse, postulate, sell, decimate, love, fill out, negociate, get out, care, mete out, quarterback, wield, influence, dispense, pluck, apportion, draw off, steward, plow, annihilate, look after, do it, talk terms, trade, make love, guide, issue, fight, misrepresent, share, cut, manipulate, lie with, draw away, make do, wish, make, engage in, watch over, run, dish out, roll in the hay, see to, work, do, deal, eliminate, pick out, finagle, recognize, coiffure, tweak, have sex, distinguish, repugn, have it away, get away, achieve, like, jazz, carry away, struggle, know, bear off, treat, pull off, maneuver, pick off, perform, get along, get it on, restrain, fake, have a go at it, minister, answer, tell apart, care for, follow, bonk, obey, take away, dress, shift, falsify, serve, coif, exert, worry, allot, accomplish, cope, make out, administrate, mold, endure, officiate, contest, set, bring about, come, recognise, fence, contrive, eradicate, muddle through, portion out, divvy up, get laid, hump, write out, address, bring off, fend, do by, cover, reign over, curb, eff, train, vie, negotiate, grapple, take over, handle, have it off, sleep together, mastermind, debate, practice, husband, deal with, survive, palm, carry on, bear up, suffice, discern, be intimate, effect, extinguish, spot, cook, watch, succeed, behave, regulate, escape, complete, exercise, monitor, engineer, use, screw, over, bear away, carry off, consider, sleep with, deal out, get off, act, coiffe, look at, arrange, thrive, bed, supervise, lot, contend, operate, bang, practise, take, parcel out, argue, compete, superintend.
- command (part of speech: verb)
- direct (part of speech: verb)
- master (part of speech: verb)
- control (part of speech: verb)