Definition of advertisement :
1. A public notice, especially a paid notice in some public print; anything that advertises; as, a newspaper containing many advertisements.
2. Admonition; advice; warning.
3. The act of informing or notifying; notification.
advertizing, knowledge, publicizing, advertising, spread, ballyhoo, flier, billboard, puffery, notification, sample, advertizement, classified, bill, ad, hype, endorsement, plug, publicity, spot, pitch, display, trailer, advert, placard, buildup
disclosure (part of speech: noun)
publication (part of speech: noun)
herald, propaganda, bulletin, newsletter, journalism, promotion, handbill, circular, post, brief, organ, newsmagazine, notice, broadcast, review, publication, periodical, report, newspaper, gazette, commercial, promulgation, journal
- I think those were the subjects you mentioned in your advertisement. - "Virgin Soil", Ivan S. Turgenev.
- And this sort of customer is the best advertisement and the best friend any business can have. - "The Book of Business Etiquette", Nella Henney.
- We should have started brilliantly at Bristol- several thousands for advertisement, beyond our estimate. - "Will Warburton", George Gissing.