Definition of conjecture:
ruminate, reckon, excogitate, supposition, appraise, think, muse, suppose, reflect, study at guess, estimate, speculate, meditation, surmisal, chew over, opine, hypothesise, dead reckoning, scheme, theorise, mull over, speculation, judge, system, guesswork, measure, come up with, hypothecate, hypothesis, possibility, supposal, say, guesstimate, a stab in the dark, contemplate, hit on, theorize, sum up, venture, think over, overestimate, guessing, guess, ponder, presuppose, job, meditate, infer, draw a conclusion/an inference, conceptualize, hypothesize, mull, surmise, shot.
- dissertation (part of speech: noun)
- supposition (part of speech: noun)
topic (part of speech: noun)
- suppose (part of speech: verb)
- "The Castle of Otranto", Horace Walpole.
- "The Living Link", James De Mille.
- ""The Pomp of Yesterday"", Joseph Hocking.