Definition of fabian:
- A member of, or sympathizer with, the Society.
- Designating, or pertaining to, a society of socialists, organized in England in 1884 to spread socialistic principles gradually without violent agitation.
- Of, pertaining to, or in the manner of, the Roman general, Quintus Fabius Maximus Verrucosus; cautious; dilatory; avoiding a decisive contest.
- "A Witch of the Hills, v. 1-2", Florence Warden.
- "Britain for the British", Robert Blatchford.
In one of them, among such sections as Fabian Temperance Reform, Fabian Education and so on, there was an entry gravely headed " Fabian Natural Science," which stated that in the Socialist cause light was needed more than heat.- "George Bernard Shaw", Gilbert K. Chesterton.