Definition of falsehood:
lying, story, prevarication, fabrication, refutal, true, canard, whopper, truthlessness, tale, falsification, imposition, inveracity, finesse, dissimulation, fraud, tall tale, falsity, story, cock-and-bull story, fish story, mendacity, disproof, trickery, misrepresentation, hypocrisy, misstatement, deceitfulness, craft, cunning, false statement, deception, untruthfulness, erroneousness, perjury, untruth, guile, refutation, double-dealing, correct, falsifying.
- error (part of speech: noun)
- untruth (part of speech: noun)
- falsehood (part of speech: noun)
- "The Jericho Road", W. Bion Adkins.
- "Hero-Myths & Legends of the British Race", Maud Isabel Ebbutt.
- "The Landleaguers", Anthony Trollope.