Definition of fighting:
argumentative, wrestling, conflict, fencing, engagement, pugnacious, boxing, contentious, resolute, determined, up in arms, fight, ready to fight, warlike, warring, rubbish, tilting, chip, quarrelsome, bit, at the point of the bayonet, at war, under arms, sparring, like cats and dogs, belligerent, disputatious, in the thick of the fray, jousting, competitiveness, armed combat, skirmishing, fleck, bellicose, flake, battle, militant, scrap, ripe for a fight, striving, trash, contending, angry, combat.
- attacking (part of speech: verb)
opposing (part of speech: verb)
- violent (part of speech: adjective)
- battling (part of speech: verb)
- "Ayesha The Further History of She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed", H. Rider Haggard.
- "Joan of Arc of the North Woods", Holman Day.
- "Patricia Brent, Spinster", Herbert Jenkins.