Definition of forwardness:
- A state of advance beyond the usual degree; prematureness; precocity; as, the forwardnessof spring or of corn; the forwardness of a pupil.
- An advanced stage of progress or of preparation; advancement; as, his measures were in great forwardness.
- Boldness; confidence; assurance; want of due reserve or modesty.
- Eagerness; ardor; as, it is difficult to restrain the forwardness of youth.
- The quality of being forward; cheerful readiness; promtness; as, the forwardness of Christians in propagating the gospel.
preparedness, impertinence, crust, facility, courtesy, face, impudence, readiness, officiousness, presumptuousness, pushiness, nerve, sauciness, zeal, sassiness, familiarity, audacity, chutzpah, rudeness, boldness, discourtesy, cheekiness, assurance, pertness, keenness, brass, assumption, effrontery, disrespect, elan, cheek, gall, ardor, brazenness, overconfidence, attitude, set, nerviness, presumptuousness, uppityness, bumptiousness, cockiness, brashness, ardour, preparation, insolence, incivility, sauce, intrusiveness, uppishness, eagerness, avidness, presumption, impudency, avidity, audaciousness.
" Her Majesty finds herself so touched in honour upon this point, that if it be not conceded- as I doubt not it will be, seeing the singular forwardness of your Highness"- said the artful Doctor with a smile, " we are no less than commanded to return to her Majesty's presence."- "History of the United Netherlands, 1586-89, Vol. II. Complete", John Lothrop Motley Last Updated: February 7, 2009.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson", Thomas Jefferson.