Definition of advancement:
- An advance of money or value; payment in advance. See Advance, 5.
- Property given, usually by a parent to a child, in advance of a future distribution.
- Settlement on a wife, or jointure.
- The act of advancing, or the state of being advanced; progression; improvement; furtherance; promotion to a higher place or dignity; as, the advancement of learning.
patterned advance, forward motion, growth, upgrade, overture, publicity, development, onward motion, forwarding, march, attainment, promotional material, emanation, feeler, better, elevation, procession, forward, advance, progression, proficiency, promotion, rise, cash advance, packaging, increase, preferment, raise, progress, furtherance, jump.
- approach (part of speech: noun)
- progression (part of speech: noun)
- improvement (part of speech: noun)
- "Daybreak: A Romance of an Old World", James Cowan.
- "The First Seventeen Years: Virginia 1607-1624", Charles E. Hatch.
- "The Prussian Terror", Alexandre Dumas.