Definition of overcome:
outgo, pound, cover, curb, scale, get the better of, submerge, pass, pass over, worst, batter, trim, routed, get well, overwhelmed, traverse, spank, get over, quash, tame, weak, overtake, reduce, get across, chastise, repress, lick, conquered, flog, inhibit, crucify, vote out, subjugate, strike, outmatch, switch, exceed, overpower, get the best, track, belabor, cudgel, beaten, prostrate, shoot down, engulfed, prevail against, suppress, outperform, overmaster, have the best, whelm, cross, catch up with, kill, defeated, vote down, flood out, deluge, catch, bastinado, overhaul, cut across, affect, powerless, engulf, smite, overpowered, chasten, ace, held, surpass, swamped, sweep over, drown, mortify, pommel, inundated, castigate, outstrip, bruise, best, get the hang, vanquished, flooded, thrash, cut through, scourge, overwhelm, overthrown, stamp down, keep down, bounce back.
- dominated (part of speech: verb)
dejected (part of speech: adjective)
- succeed (part of speech: verb)
- succeeded (part of speech: verb)
- defeated (part of speech: verb)
- dominate (part of speech: verb)
- defeat (part of speech: verb)
- "True and Other Stories", George Parsons Lathrop.
Sir James immediately gave such orders and regulations as would best guard against, or overcome, the difficulties inseparable from such a service; and, with the prospect of a long winter before him, he sent these regulations, and a list of the rendezvous appointed by him, to the commander- in- chief, whose letter to Sir James, in answer, is expressive of the high opinion he entertained of him.- "Memoirs and Correspondence of Admiral Lord de Saumarez, Vol. I", Sir John Ross.
- "The Strength of Gideon and Other Stories Strength of Gideon; Mammy Peggy's Pride; Viney's Free Papers; The Fruitful Sleeping of The Rev. Elisha Edwards; The Ingrate; The Case of 'Ca'line'; The Finish of Patsy Barnes; One Man's Fortunes; Jim's Probation; U", Paul Laurence Dunbar.