Definition of quake:
- A tremulous agitation; a quick vibratory movement; a shudder; a quivering.
- To be agitated with quick, short motions continually repeated; to shake with fear, cold, etc.; to shudder; to tremble.
- To cause to quake.
- To shake, vibrate, or quiver, either from not being solid, as soft, wet land, or from violent convulsion of any kind; as, the earth quakes; the mountains quake.
flinch, totter, fluctuate, seismograph, aftershock, epicenter, palpitate, flutter, oscillate, prickle, seism, repetition, tremble, joggle, wobble, twitter, jounce, quail, shock, the Richter scale, vibrate, seismology, flitter, prick, reel, pulsate, swing, cringe, quiver, flicker, temblor, the San Andreas Fault, bounce, seismic, magnitude, wave, earthquake, waver, beat, thrill, brandish, rock, tremor, recoil, flap, sway.
- "Complete Story of the San Francisco Horror", Richard Linthicum Trumbull White Samuel Fallows.
- "The Ontario Readers: The High School Reader, 1886", Ministry of Education.
- "Love Letters of a Violinist and Other Poems", Eric Mackay.