Definition of agitation:
- A stirring up or arousing; disturbance of tranquillity; disturbance of mind which shows itself by physical excitement; perturbation; as, to cause any one agitation.
- Examination or consideration of a subject in controversy, or of a plan proposed for adoption; earnest discussion; debate.
- Excitement of public feeling by discussion, appeals, etc.; as, the antislavery agitation; labor agitation.
- The act of agitating, or the state of being agitated; the state of being moved with violence, or with irregular action; commotion; as, the sea after a storm is in agitation.
unease, barricade, deliriousness, oscillation, pressure, worry, tempest, turmoil, flutter, toing and froing, upthrust, fervour, nervousness, hysteria, sway, anarchy, flap, unrest, uneasiness, shake, stir, upset, fermenting, ferment, anxiousness, distraction, lather, uproar, quiver, fury, sweat, bounce, fever, helter-skelter, strain, to-do, upthrow, rage, concernment, roll, concern, fluster, calm, stew, civil disobedience, upheaval, agriterrorism, nervosity, wobble, order, tumult, bioterrorism, zymosis, dither, uplift, furore, storm, confusion, care, 7/7, rampage, distress, apprehensiveness, tension, delirium, excitation, agita, excitement, vibration, solicitude, wiggle, zymolysis, fermentation, apostasy, 9/11, hullabaloo, stress, boycott, tempestuousness.
- excitement (part of speech: noun)
- agitation (part of speech: noun)
- fear (part of speech: noun)
- feeling (part of speech: noun)
- vigor (part of speech: noun)
- "Legends of the Rhine", Wilhelm Ruland.
- "More About Peggy", Mrs G. de Horne Vaizey.
- "The Testing of Diana Mallory", Mrs. Humphry Ward.