Definition of shipping:
- of Ship
- Relating to ships, their ownership, transfer, or employment; as, shiping concerns.
- Relating to, or concerned in, the forwarding of goods; as, a shipping clerk.
- The act of one who, or of that which, ships; as, the shipping of flour to Liverpool.
- The collective body of ships in one place, or belonging to one port, country, etc.; vessels, generally; tonnage.
canoe, bill of entry, deportation, bill of lading, berth, merchant vessels, transit, transfer, exile, ahoy, the Admiral's Cup, transportation system, bail out, beach, cargo ships, delivery, anchor, raptus, transportation, transport, transferral, ecstasy, merchant marine, exaltation, fare, expatriation, dock, boater, consignment, tape transport, tape drive, the America's Cup, rapture, carrier.
- boating (part of speech: verb)
- shipping (part of speech: verb)
- ships (part of speech: verb)
- cartage (part of speech: noun)
- "Second Shetland Truck System Report", William Guthrie.
Our boat rode the waves nicely without shipping much water, and several times I turned to look back at the ship, where Trunnell stood beside the skipper, watching us through the glasses, and waiting to pick us up on our return.- "Mr. Trunnell", T. Jenkins Hains.
- "Letters of John Keats to His Family and Friends", John Keats.