Definition of amplification:
- The act of amplifying or enlarging in dimensions; enlargement; extension.
- The enlarging of a simple statement by particularity of description, the use of epithets, etc., for rhetorical effect; diffuse narrative or description, or a dilating upon all the particulars of a subject.
- The matter by which a statement is amplified; as, the subject was presented without amplifications.
gain, proliferation, hike, augment, addition, jump, buildup, aggrandizement, refinement, profit, upsurge, rise, multiplication, upturn, intricacy, working out, boost, elaboration, raise, upswing, swell, involution, elaborateness, escalation.
addition (part of speech: noun)
- expansion (part of speech: noun)
- "Letters of a Radio-Engineer to His Son", John Mills.
- "Modern Religious Cults and Movements", Gaius Glenn Atkins.
- "Bushido, the Soul of Japan", Inazo Nitobé.