Definition of anchorage:
- A place suitable for anchoring or where ships anchor; a hold for an anchor.
- A toll for anchoring; anchorage duties.
- Abode of an anchoret.
- Something on which one may depend for security; ground of trust.
- Something which holds like an anchor; a hold; as, the anchorages of the Brooklyn Bridge.
- The act of anchoring, or the condition of lying at anchor.
- The set of anchors belonging to a ship.
harborage, wharf, pier, jetty, refuge, embankment, anchorage ground, landing place, embarcadero, amphibious installation, mooring, breakwater, facilities, berth, quay, resting place, safety, dock, port, haven, harbor.
- "Comrade Yetta", Albert Edwards.
- "Jack Haydon's Quest", John Finnemore.
- "London to Ladysmith via Pretoria", Winston Spencer Churchill.