Definition of bespeak:
- A bespeaking. Among actors, a benefit ( when a particular play is bespoken.)
- To betoken; to show; to indicate by external marks or appearances.
- To show beforehand; to foretell; to indicate.
- To speak or arrange for beforehand; to order or engage against a future time; as, to bespeak goods, a right, or a favor.
- To speak to; to address.
- To speak.
indicate, gather up, auspicate, omen, presage, argue, manoeuvre, steer, target, testify, bay, foretell, signalise, address, get, invite, book, signal, predict, request, point, ask, channelise, augur, place, signalize, engage, mark, pick up, demand, portend, channelize, foreshadow, betoken, show, necessitate, designate, attest, take, guide, manoeuver, prefigure, sign, charge, prelect, quest, maneuver, speak, witness, bode, luff, suggest, forecast, level, postulate, point to, sharpen, involve, taper, collect, aim, prognosticate, orient, words, reserve, lecture, call for, need, head, repoint, direct, require.
- "The Triumph of Hilary Blachland", Bertram Mitford.
- "Nooks and Corners of the New England Coast", Samuel Adams Drake.