Definition of den:
- A narrow glen; a ravine; a dell.
- A small cavern or hollow place in the side of a hill, or among rocks; esp., a cave used by a wild beast for shelter or concealment; as, a lion's den; a den of robbers.
- A squalid place of resort; a wretched dwelling place; a haunt; as, a den of vice.
- Any snug or close retreat where one goes to be alone.
- To live in, or as in, a den.
- "The Thousandth Woman", Ernest W. Hornung.
- "The Further Adventures of Jimmie Dale", Frank L. Packard.
- "The Mating of Lydia", Mrs. Humphry Ward.