Definition of habitude :
1. Habit of body or of action.
2. Habitual association, intercourse, or familiarity.
3. Habitual attitude; usual or accustomed state with reference to something else; established or usual relations.
leaning, consuetude, affection, second nature, system, devices, manner, tendency, pattern, habit, bent, way, ritual, proclivity, fashion, affinity, penchant, partiality, impulse, aptitude, rule, bias, bone, routine, praxis, predilection, custom, trick, disposition, usance, use, wont, usual, turn, propensity, genius, practise, usage, practice, predisposition
- He paused a moment, looking somewhat regretfully at the picture, warmly lit up by the glow of the bright sun,- a picture which through long habitude of observation had grown very sweet to him. - "God's Good Man", Marie Corelli.
- Mash had superior strength and dexterity, and greater habitude of fighting; his blows were aimed with equal skill and force, and each appeared sufficient to crush an enemy so much inferior in size, in strength, in years; but Harry possessed a body hardened to support pain and hardship; a greater degree of activity; a cool, unyielding courage, which nothing could disturb or daunt. - "The History of Sandford and Merton", Thomas Day.
- And presently he invited me to accompany him to a respectable sort of tavern, and solicited the honour of my having a " peg" at his expense; to which I, perceiving him to be a good- natured, simple fellow, inflated by sudden prosperity, consented, accepting, contrary to my normal habitude, his offer of a brandy panee, or an old Tom. - "Baboo Jabberjee, B.A.", F. Anstey.