Definition of insist:
- To stand or rest; to find support; - with in, on, or upon.
- To take a stand and refuse to give way; to hold to something firmly or determinedly; to be persistent, urgent, or pressing; to persist in demanding; -- followed by on, upon, or that; as, he insisted on these conditions; he insisted on going at once; he insists that he must have money.
request, persevere, affirm, persist, exhort, demand, contend, importune, avow, dwell on, require, declare, ask, command, claim, urge, emphasize, swear, requisition, exact, take a firm stand, asseverate, cry out for, aver, put forward, maintain, call for, order, seek, assert, verify, continue, swan, press.
- "The Port of Adventure", Charles Norris Williamson and Alice Muriel Williamson.
- "Fore!", Charles Emmett Van Loan.
- "Natural Law in the Spiritual World", Henry Drummond.