Definition of kindred :
1. Related; congenial; of the like nature or properties; as, kindred souls; kindred skies; kindred propositions.
2. Relationship by birth or marriage; consanguinity; affinity; kin.
3. Relatives by blood or marriage, more properly the former; relations; persons related to each other.
federation of tribes, clan, uniform, kin group, resembling, kinfolk, kinsperson, kinship group, kin, house, allied, identical, connatural, stock, alike, tribe, folk, consanguineous, lineage, homogeneous, family, equal, agnate, cognate, similar, connate, like, equivalent, same
kindred (part of speech: adjective)
similar (part of speech: adjective)
study at related
relational (part of speech: adjective)
attendant, connected, correlative, akin, coincident, supplemental, germane, analogous, affiliated, consanguine, relevant, ancillary, auxiliary, adjunct, associated, pertinent, dependent, related, concomitant, blood
- " But Captain Pinto acts the part of a brother towards me, and what is of nearer kindred? - "The Prime Minister", W.H.G. Kingston.
- The religious views of the Israelites, not sufficiently represented among themselves, were the more exposed to the influence of the rites of the Canaanites, as these rites belonged to tribes of kindred nature and character. - "The History of Antiquity, Vol. II (of VI)", Max Duncker.
- I am sent to tell you how you may do good to your kindred. - "Good Stories For Great Holidays Arranged for Story-Telling and Reading Aloud and for the Children's Own Reading", Frances Jenkins Olcott.