Definition of prudent:
meditative, reason, well-grounded, commonsensical, intelligent, well-founded, commonsensible, judicious, desirable, prudential, sagacious, chary, gingerly, perceptive, reasonable, save, wise, deductive, sane, sensible, sage, provident, smart, sound, saving, intellectual, balanced, incisive, circumspect, insightful, forehanded, sapient, scotch, reasoned, advisable, judgmatic, rational, tactical, discreet, discerning, canny, levelheaded.
- circumspect (part of speech: adjective)
- cautious (part of speech: adjective)
- economical (part of speech: adjective)
- temperate (part of speech: adjective)
- vigilant (part of speech: adjective)
- "Ramuntcho", Pierre Loti.
- "The Red Rover", James Fenimore Cooper.
- "The Crown of Life", George Gissing.