Definition of trek :
1. The act of trekking; a drawing or a traveling; a journey; a migration.
2. To draw or haul a load, as oxen.
3. To travel, esp. by ox wagon; to go from place to place; to migrate.
expedition (part of speech: noun)
wander (part of speech: verb)
travel (part of speech: verb)
- These and other considerations decided him at once to " inspann" and " trek" away, with his wagon, his horses, his cattle, his sheep, his " household goods," and his whole family circle. - "Popular Adventure Tales", Mayne Reid.
- Here I met him on the road starting out on the next long trek of 125 miles to Kissaki. - "Sketches of the East Africa Campaign", Robert Valentine Dolbey.
- " When we go away from this, it will have to be by water, I think, unless we can buy trek- cattle," said Meyer, looking at the labouring oxen with a doubtful eye. - "Benita, An African Romance", H. Rider Haggard.