Definition of apology:
- An acknowledgment intended as an atonement for some improper or injurious remark or act; an admission to another of a wrong or discourtesy done him, accompanied by an expression of regret.
- Anything provided as a substitute; a makeshift.
- Something said or written in defense or justification of what appears to others wrong, or of what may be liable to disapprobation; justification; as, Tertullian's for Christianity.
- To offer an apology.
allegation, justification, regrets, announcement, accusation, in justification of something, attack, defense, occasion, ground, affirmation, point, motivation, session, agenda, plea, motion, motive, pretext, acknowledgment, self-justification, apologies, assertion, resolution, proceedings, assurance, avowal, reason, mea culpa, excuse, apologia, docket, cause, apologetic, minutes, alibi, attestation, quorum, explanation.
- penitence (part of speech: noun)
- vindication (part of speech: noun)
- "The Magic Skin", Honore de Balzac.
- "Brother Copas", Sir Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch.
- "Life of Henry Martyn, Missionary to India and Persia, 1781 to 1812", Sarah J. Rhea.