Definition of dower:
- That portion of the real estate of a man which his widow enjoys during her life, or to which a woman is entitled after the death of her husband.
- That which a woman brings to a husband in marriage; dowry.
- That with which one is gifted or endowed; endowment; gift.
- The property with which a woman is endowed
empower, give, circumstances, constituent, dowry, indue, luck, fate, serving, gift, share, destiny, invest, endue, component, parcel, lot, percentage, portion, dowery, part, fortune, endow, component part, helping, gird.
- "Daybreak: A Romance of an Old World", James Cowan.
- "Norston's Rest", Ann S. Stephens.
- "The Bad Man", Charles Hanson Towne.