Definition of inverse:
- Inverted; having a position or mode of attachment the reverse of that which is usual.
- Opposite in nature and effect; - said with reference to any two operations, which, when both are performed in succession upon any quantity, reproduce that quantity; as, multiplication is the inverse operation to division.
- Opposite in order, relation, or effect; reversed; inverted; reciprocal; - opposed to direct.
- That which is inverse.
- diametric (part of speech: adjective)
- opposite (part of speech: noun)
- opposite side (part of speech: noun)
- inverted (part of speech: verb)
Mr. Morris has, therefore, consented to allow his versions of the Romances to be combined into one volume in a form not unworthy of their excellence but more accessible to those lovers of books whose purses have a habit of varying in inverse proportion to the amount of their love.- "Old French Romances", William Morris.
- "The Last Poems of Ovid", Ovid.
- "The Circular Staircase", Mary Roberts Rinehart.