Definition of lodging :
1. A place of rest, or of temporary habitation; esp., a sleeping apartment; - often in the plural with a singular meaning.
2. Abiding place; harbor; cover.
3. of Lodge
4. The act of one who, or that which, lodges.
house (part of speech: noun)
inhabiting (part of speech: verb)
apartments (part of speech: noun)
inserting (part of speech: verb)
occupying (part of speech: verb)
occupancy (part of speech: noun)
- X One Friday night a carriage and pair stopped before Haralal's lodging house. - "Stories from Tagore", Rabindranath Tagore.
- Well, at length my father gave in; and it was agreed that I was to live with the Doctor and work for him for two years in exchange for learning to read and write and for my board and lodging. - "The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle", Hugh Lofting.
- Oh no- I've found a lodging. - "Delia Blanchflower", Mrs. Humphry Ward.