Definition of nervous:
- Having the nerves weak, diseased, or easily excited; subject to, or suffering from, undue excitement of the nerves; easily agitated or annoyed.
- Of or pertaining to the nerves; seated in the nerves; as, nervous excitement; a nervous fever.
- possessing nerve; sinewy; strong; vigorous.
- Possessing or manifesting vigor of mind; characterized by strength in sentiment or style; forcible; spirited; as, a nervous writer.
- Sensitive; excitable; timid.
scatterbrained, nauseating, neuronic, neuronal, restive, skittish, solicitous, nauseous, vile, sick, aflutter, fidgety, worried, tighten, concerned, offensive, excitable, nauseated, afraid, uneasy, sickening, unquiet, head-in-the-clouds, distressed, neural, anxious, noisome, flighty, flyaway, excited, loathsome, awkward, apprehensive, ill at ease, shy, unsettled, feelings, troubled, sickish, tense, timid, queasy, uptight, dying, spooky.
agitated (part of speech: adjective)
- excited (part of speech: adjective)
- excitable (part of speech: adjective)