Definition of touch :
1. A boys' game; tag.
2. A hint; a suggestion; slight notice.
3. A set of changes less than the total possible on seven bells, that is, less than 5, 040.
4. A single stroke on a drawing or a picture.
5. A slight and brief essay.
6. A small quantity intermixed; a little; a dash.
7. A stroke; as, a touch of raillery; a satiric touch; hence, animadversion; censure; reproof.
8. A touchstone; hence, stone of the sort used for touchstone.
9. Act or power of exciting emotion.
10. An act of borrowing or stealing.
11. An emotion or affection.
12. Feature; lineament; trait.
13. Hence, examination or trial by some decisive standard; test; proof; tried quality.
14. Personal reference or application.
15. Tallow; - a plumber's term.
16. That part of the field which is beyond the line of flags on either side.
17. The act of the hand on a musical instrument; bence, in the plural, musical notes.
18. The act of touching, or the state of being touched; contact.
19. The broadest part of a plank worked top and but ( see Top and but, under Top, n.), or of one worked anchor- stock fashion ( that is, tapered from the middle to both ends); also, the angles of the stern timbers at the counters.
20. The particular or characteristic mode of action, or the resistance of the keys of an instrument to the fingers; as, a heavy touch, or a light touch; also, the manner of touching, striking, or pressing the keys of a piano; as, a legato touch; a staccato touch.
21. The sense by which pressure or traction exerted on the skin is recognized; the sense by which the properties of bodies are determined by contact; the tactile sense. See Tactile sense, under Tactile.
22. To affect the senses or the sensibility of; to move; to melt; to soften.
23. To affect with insanity, especially in a slight degree; to make partially insane; - rarely used except in the past participle.
24. To be brought, as a sail, so close to the wind that its weather leech shakes.
25. To be in contact; to be in a state of junction, so that no space is between; as, two spheres touch only at points.
26. To be tangent to. See Tangent, a.
27. To come in contact with; to hit or strike lightly against; to extend the hand, foot, or the like, so as to reach or rest on.
28. To come to; to reach; to attain to.
29. To compare with; of be equal to; - usually with a negative; as, he held that for good cheer nothing could touch an open fire.
30. To fasten; to take effect; to make impression.
31. To handle, speak of, or deal with; to treat of.
32. To harm, afflict, or distress.
33. To induce to give or lend; to borrow from; as, to touch one for a loan; hence, to steal from.
34. To infect; to affect slightly.
35. To influence by impulse; to impel forcibly.
36. To lay a hand upon for curing disease.
37. To make an impression on; to have effect upon.
38. To mark or delineate with touches; to add a slight stroke to with the pencil or brush.
39. To meddle or interfere with; as, I have not touched the books.
40. To perceive by the sense of feeling.
41. To perform, as a tune; to play.
42. To relate to; to concern; to affect.
43. To treat anything in discourse, especially in a slight or casual manner; - often with on or upon.
44. To try; to prove, as with a touchstone.
point, resuscitate, link, belief, wraith, backhand, intimation, tactility, attribution, hit, colligate, hallmark, check, take, use, oppose, vaguely, involve, pay heed, provoke, spectre, molecule, partly, take in, spatter, topographic point, concern, tell of, smack, office, corner, impinging, ghostwriter, invoke, specter, flash, swallow, denote, taster, talk in terms of something, regard, situation, tally, hold, sprinkling, hand, double as, surround, equalize, fairly, interrupt, fragment, dapple, make into, get together, billet, theme song, sham, fellatio, peculiarity, look up, upswing, feature, character, smudge, affection, get, feign, shadow, refer to, bound, delivery, equalise, emergency, gather, repair, pip, evoke, interest, touch perception, get hold of, smirch, lead, dive, agree, cunnilingus, suggestion, associate, tangency, note, ghost, mate, post, shade, uphold, allude, appertain, occupy, property, gift, aptitude, tweak, particularity, fit, equate, express, signature, butt against, diagnostic, a bit, alter, confidential information, conjure, point out, wind, eat, try, arrive at, flank, relate, allude to, position, undertone, edge, hook, skill, foreplay, put forward, patch, coincide, see, conjure up, partake in, nature, step change, stain, accomplish, smash, draw on, in close communication, familiar with, make, settle, makeover, fix, flicker, tone, smear, flavour, pass on, grip, play, trouble, a change for the better/worse, hint, amount to, rival, pair, carry on, modify, collar, book, collaborate, kick, vary, strive, tactile, suspicion, reach, leap, be glad of something, consume, progress to, upset, attribute, excite, distort, fleck, agitate, suffer, development, key signature, cope with, attain, apply, tap, serve, push, skin perceptiveness, a little, glimmer, pluck, come, encounter, work, change, interconnect, pick up, name, creep, touch on, skin senses, fulfil, come across, run into, forgather, sensation, tip, furbish up, look, spook, mildly, give ear, cross, bring up, dribble, indebted, neighbor, place, grateful, speckle, assemble, component, spirit, hang, get to, spark, ace, proficiency, run, worry, spotlight, interlock, piece, criterion, turnaround, arouse, loan, pinpoint, be, gain, raise up, marker, breath, sense of touch, blast, bushel, striking, have-to doe with, come up, pertain, trait, bear/stand comparison (with), shoot, link up, affect, strike, partake, accord with, compare, pass, slur, improvement, appreciative, exigency, pretty, bepaint, bear on, extend to, raise, butt on, get through, beauty parade, vestige, dram, continue, commove, taking into custody, aspect, cite, furrow, satisfy, communication, business, utilize, preserve, equal, slightly, ray, little, fraction, blot, disturb, French kiss, daub, appreciation, vex, jotting, specific, spot, contact lens, maculation, run across, measure up, quite, in contact with at contact, pinch, call forth, revive, physical contact, light, couple, touch sensation, tincture, canoodle, staff, overlap, tracing, splash, chip, mark, move, inter-group communication, share, sample, play off, verge, prowess, convert, competence, ball, mend, tang, approximate, scent, same, attend, mote, broking, clutch, set down, fall back on, gibe, snap, jibe, parallel, intersect, turn over, inspire, scruple, knock, steer, interface, thankful, enter, corpuscle, touching, clear, cannibalize, come to, apprehension, converge, mention, strike at, near, quality, smell, dissemble, streak, signature tune, fingerprint, land, have, clue, begging, fill someone's shoes, pit, receive, refer, rouse, account, tinct, ignite, goose, tactual sensation, touch modality, words, turn into, differentia, revise, middleman, conform to, march, asset, boost, gratitude, correspond, feel up, consult, foregather, bring in, stamp, brokerage, tactile sensation, within reach, capacity, call down, shift, whiff, overtake, catch, fill, grasp, perception, factor, debt, bear upon, attuned, go toward, soupcon, arrest, pressure, self-improvement, somewhat, match, ingest, falter, cover for, transform, colour, tint, give, inkling, impact, exploit, volunteer, nip, business plan, budge, alight, skosh, obligation, tinge, jot, stir, acquainted, restore, liaison, lick, awaken, be your own boss, pretend, manage, stack up, interrelate, color, berth, take on, tie in, crumple, ounce, gleam, fulfill, cutaneous senses, opinion, shake, have something in common (with something), advert, shake up, intuitive feeling, doctor, facet, gather up, impress, scintilla, driblet, strain, peanuts, tad, achieve, flavor, twin, reverse, impression, mastery, notion, stimulate, stir up, crease
skill (part of speech: noun)
feel (part of speech: verb)
texture (part of speech: noun)
touch (part of speech: verb)
contact (part of speech: verb)
particle (part of speech: noun)
caress (part of speech: verb)