Definition of physic:
- A physician.
- A specific internal application for the cure or relief of sickness; a remedy for disease; a medicine.
- Specifically, a medicine that purges; a cathartic.
- The art of healing diseases; the science of medicine; the theory or practice of medicine.
- To treat with physic or medicine; to administer medicine to, esp. a cathartic; to operate on as a cathartic; to purge.
- To work on as a remedy; to heal; to cure.
- "The Book of Khalid", Ameen Rihani.
- "A Collection of College Words and Customs", Benjamin Homer Hall.
Now, our intention is to leave you all the physic, push on as fast as possible to the nearest settlement, where we shall get more for ourselves, and send out a party of natives under some trustworthy trader to fetch you out of the country.- "Hunting the Lions", R.M. Ballantyne.