Definition of wizard:
- A wise man; a sage.
- Enchanting; charming.
- Haunted by wizards.
- One devoted to the black art; a magician; a conjurer; a sorcerer; an enchanter.
- possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers; " charming incantations"; " magic signs that protect against adverse influence"; " a magical spell"; " 'tis now the very witching time of night"- Shakespeare; " wizard wands"; " wizardly powers"
sense, champion, whiz, one, ability, wiz, charming, adept, aesthesis, unity, witching, asterisk, thaumaturge, esthesis, sense impression, sense experience, flair, friend, paladin, palmist, conjuror, superstar, sentiency, supporter, supernatural, proficient, sorcerer, sentience, brainiac, champ, admirer, dab hand, booster, fighter, hero, seer, magic, sorcerous, genius, fortuneteller, brilliance, shaman, ace, sensory faculty, mastermind, star, whizz, protagonist, virtuoso, maven, wizardry, wizardly, magical, principal, brain, magician, headliner, single, lead, past master, dab, thaumaturgist, title-holder, sense datum, star topology, clairvoyant, angiotensin-converting enzyme, necromancer, sensation, hotshot, mavin.
- expert (part of speech: noun)
- sorcerer (part of speech: noun)
- prodigy (part of speech: noun)
- "Little Wizard Stories of Oz", L. Frank Baum.
- "The Grey Fairy Book", Andrew Lang.
- "Malcolm", George MacDonald.