Definition of bathe :
1. The immersion of the body in water; as to take one's usual bathe.
2. To apply water or some liquid medicament to; as, to bathe the eye with warm water or with sea water; to bathe one's forehead with camphor.
3. To bask in the sun.
4. To bathe one's self; to take a bath or baths.
5. To immerse or cover one's self, as in a bath.
6. To lave; to wet.
7. To moisten or suffuse with a liquid.
8. To surround, or envelop, as water surrounds a person immersed.
9. To wash by immersion, as in a bath; to subject to a bath.
bath, filter, soak, moisten, douche, illume, waterlog, clean up, souse, lave, wet, illumine, sodden, sop, focus, bathing, crawl, splash, bubble bath, delouse, soap, play, lighten, cannonball, dampen, ablutions, fade, dry, catch, water-soak, beacon, irradiate, the butterfly, backstroke, lap, decompression, bend, body odor, lip, water, light, drench, B.O., scrub, wash, breaststroke, belly flop, waver, emblaze, wet down, reflect, bedraggle
immerse (part of speech: verb)
- Oh, yes, let us bathe our souls in nature, in fresh air, and space, and health. - "Footsteps of Fate", Louis Couperus.
- A few days after the arrival of Mrs. Belgrade, Arch took her down to the beach to bathe. - "The Fatal Glove", Clara Augusta Jones Trask.
- If one could not storm the stars in song one could bathe a weary brow. - "The Eagle's Heart", Hamlin Garland.