Definition of bathe:
- The immersion of the body in water; as to take one's usual bathe.
- To apply water or some liquid medicament to; as, to bathe the eye with warm water or with sea water; to bathe one's forehead with camphor.
- To bask in the sun.
- To bathe one's self; to take a bath or baths.
- To immerse or cover one's self, as in a bath.
- To lave; to wet.
- To moisten or suffuse with a liquid.
- To surround, or envelop, as water surrounds a person immersed.
- To wash by immersion, as in a bath; to subject to a bath.
bath, filter, soak, moisten, douche, illume, waterlog, clean up, souse, lave, wet, illumine, sodden, sop, focus, bathing, crawl, splash, bubble bath, delouse, soap, play, lighten, cannonball, dampen, ablutions, fade, dry, catch, water-soak, beacon, irradiate, the butterfly, backstroke, lap, decompression, bend, body odor, lip, water, light, drench, B.O., scrub, wash, breaststroke, belly flop, waver, emblaze, wet down, reflect, bedraggle.
- "Footsteps of Fate", Louis Couperus.
- "The Fatal Glove", Clara Augusta Jones Trask.
- "The Eagle's Heart", Hamlin Garland.