Definition of christendom:
- That portion of the world in which Christianity prevails, or which is governed under Christian institutions, in distinction from heathen or Mohammedan lands.
- The name received at baptism; or, more generally, any name or appelation.
- The profession of faith in Christ by baptism; hence, the Christian religion, or the adoption of it.
- The whole body of Christians.
- "Europa's Fairy Book", Joseph Jacobs.
- "Simon Dale", Anthony Hope.
- "A Hazard of New Fortunes", William Dean Howells.