Definition of droop:
- A drooping; as, a droop of the eye.
- To grow weak or faint with disappointment, grief, or like causes; to be dispirited or depressed; to languish; as, her spirits drooped.
- To hang bending downward; to sink or hang down, as an animal, plant, etc., from physical inability or exhaustion, want of nourishment, or the like.
- To let droop or sink.
- To proceed downward, or toward a close; to decline.
flag, swag, arse about, wilt, stagger, lop, lounge about, loaf, bum about, lurch, loll, lounge around, sag down, slacken off, weaken, lean, reel, ease up, better, slouch, loll around, arse around, flop, bum, careen, bum around, sink, waste one's time, languish, keel, frig around, sag, ease off, hang down.
- "The Attache or, Sam Slick in England, Complete", Thomas Chandler Haliburton.
- "Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist", Alexander Berkman.
- "The Ranch at the Wolverine", B. M. Bower.