Definition of favorite:
- A person or thing regarded with peculiar favor; one treated with partiality; one preferred above others; especially, one unduly loved, trusted, and enriched with favors by a person of high rank or authority.
- Regarded with particular affection, esteem, or preference; as, a favorite walk; a favorite child.
- Short curls dangling over the temples; - fashionable in the reign of Charles II.
- The competitor ( as a horse in a race) that is judged most likely to win; the competitor standing highest in the betting.
- darling (part of speech: noun)
- liked (part of speech: verb)
The good lady had altered her will some years before, on hearing of her favorite nephew's changed condition, and it was feared she would leave her money to the Church of Rome, of which she was a member.- "Archibald Malmaison", Julian Hawthorne.
- "Thelma", Marie Corelli.
- "Carnival", Compton Mackenzie.