Definition of fourth:
- Forming one of four equal parts into which anything may be divided.
- Next in order after the third; the ordinal of four.
- One of four equal parts into which one whole may be divided; the quotient of a unit divided by four; one coming next in order after the third.
- The interval of two tones and a semitone, embracing four diatonic degrees of the scale; the subdominant of any key.
- "Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town", Stephen Leacock.
- "A Singer from the Sea", Amelia Edith Huddleston Barr.
- "Mr. Trunnell", T. Jenkins Hains.