Definition of happiness :
1. An agreeable feeling or condition of the soul arising from good fortune or propitious happening of any kind; the possession of those circumstances or that state of being which is attended enjoyment; the state of being happy; contentment; joyful satisfaction; felicity; blessedness.
2. Fortuitous elegance; unstudied grace; - used especially of language.
3. Good luck; good fortune; prosperity.
sadness, ease, peace, dejection, merriment, optimism, complacency, good will, comfort, humor, elation, self-satisfaction, happy, rejoicing, beatitude, serenity, joviality, laughter, exultation, jocularity, enchantment, hilarity, vivacity, benignity, seventh heaven, playfulness, blitheness, merrymaking, exuberance, felicitousness, transport, melancholy, tranquillity, sorrow, blessedness, mirth, depression, triumph, glee, felicity, sanctity, delirium
cheerfulness (part of speech: noun)
cheeriness, merriness, amiability, cordiality, congeniality, jolliness, cheerfulness, bonhomie, jauntiness, affability, geniality, easygoingness, gaiety, agreeableness, warmness, pleasance, good humor, sunniness, friendliness, cheer, buoyancy, lightheartedness, complaisance
pleasure (part of speech: noun)
enjoyment, gladness, jollity, bonniness, euphoria, well-being, pleasure, brightness, amusement, gratification, satisfaction, contentment, entertainment, agreeability, delight, rapture, joy, relish, exhilaration, enthrallment
heaven (part of speech: noun)
joyfulness, nirvana, acme, paradise, hereafter, wonderland, ether, Eden, azure, fairyland, land o'goshen, everlastingness, goshen, heaven, stratosphere, shangri-la, glory, culmination, Zion, zenith, eternity, afterworld, summit, apex, Canaan, bliss, spire, immortality, rhapsody, ecstasy, dreamland, mountaintop, climax, pinnacle
- You have given me a great happiness, Bernard, and you shall not take it away from me. - "The New Tenant", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- I am quite satisfied as regards them, and their happiness is a great joy in my life. - "Renée Mauperin", Edmond de Goncourt and Jules de Goncourt.
- Oh, what does my happiness matter? - "Dr. Adriaan", Louis Couperus.