Definition of inward:
- Alt. of Inwards
- An intimate or familiar friend or acquaintance.
- Being or placed within; inner; interior; - opposed to outward.
- Intimate; domestic; private.
- Seated in the mind, heart, spirit, or soul.
- That which is inward or within; especially, in the plural, the inner parts or organs of the body; the viscera.
- The mental faculties; - usually pl.
inseparable, self-whispered, near, buddy-buddy, bound for something, from all sides, bosom, inwards, inmost, direct, undetected, into, friendly, internal, inbound, inside, up, unclear, secret, unobtrusive, underlying, subtle, incoming, through, interior, oncoming, discreet, across, forward, advancing, indwelling, close, arriving, hidden, I/you/she etc. would never guess, intimate, subliminal, gut, thick, especial, in, tight, chummy, body, within, ahead, private, inner, innermost, penetrating.
- "Quiet Talks on Service", S. D. Gordon.
- "The Tides of Barnegat", F. Hopkinson Smith.
- "The Maid of Orleans A Tragedy", Frederich Schiller.