Definition of resemble:
bear analogy, be a dead-ringer for, be comparable to, agree, be like, come near, bear a likeness, have all the signs of, be the very image of, bear a resemblance to, have all the earmarks of, coincide, favor, compare with, m like, be similar to, take after, follow, sound like, match, come close to, smack of, correspond to, remind one of, be the spit and image of, relate, bring to mind, appear like, same, pass for.
- resemble (part of speech: verb)
- imitate (part of speech: verb)
- "Signora Fantastici", Madame de Stael, translated by Frank J. Morlock.
- "George Bernard Shaw", Gilbert K. Chesterton.
- "The Insect Folk", Margaret Warner Morley.