Definition of whoop:
- A loud, shrill, prolonged sound or sonorous inspiration, as in whooping cough.
- A shout of pursuit or of war; a very of eagerness, enthusiasm, enjoyment, vengeance, terror, or the like; an halloo; a hoot, or cry, as of an owl.
- The hoopoe.
- To cough or breathe with a sonorous inspiration, as in whooping cough.
- To insult with shouts; to chase with derision.
- To utter a whoop, or loud cry, as eagerness, enthusiasm, or enjoyment; to cry out; to shout; to halloo; to utter a war whoop; to hoot, as an owl.