Definition of clue:
- A ball of thread, yarn, or cord; also, The thread itself.
- A ball of thread; a thread or other means of guidance. Same as Clew.
- A combination of lines or nettles by which a hammock is suspended.
- A loop and thimbles at the corner of a sail.
- A lower corner of a square sail, or the after corner of a fore- and- aft sail.
- That which guides or directs one in anything of a doubtful or intricate nature; that which gives a hint in the solution of a mystery.
pinch, touch, scent, clew, knowledge, mite, intimation, steer, hint, breath, show, pool stick, tinge, pool cue, cue stick, trace, jot, cue, speck, lead, soupcon, suggest, discriminative stimulus, confidential information, wind.
- "The Go Ahead Boys and Simon's Mine", Ross Kay.
- "The Great Drought", Sterner St. Paul Meek.
- "When London Burned", G. A. Henty.