Definition of graduation:
- The act of graduating, or the state of being graduated; as, graduation of a scale; graduation at a college; graduation in color; graduation by evaporation; the graduation of a bird's tail, etc.
- The exposure of a liquid in large surfaces to the air, so as to hasten its evaporation.
- The marks on an instrument or vessel to indicate degrees or quantity; a scale.
showtime, beginning, starting time, promotion, granting of diplomas, convocation, grade, conferring of degrees, commencement, get-go, first, start, commencement exercise, outset, gradation, bestowal of honors, commencement ceremony, graduation exercise, kickoff, offset, step, commissioning.
- "Star-Dust A Story of an American Girl", Fannie Hurst.
He was Mr. Stewart Frothingham, and Josephine and his mother and sister had gone up to Yale for his graduation, and " it" had been instantaneous, " we knew that very day," said Josephine, with a lovely awe in her eyes, " but we didn't say anything to Mrs. Frothingham or Ethel until later."- "Saturday's Child", Kathleen Norris.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.