Definition of protestant:
- Of or relating to Protestants, or their doctrines or forms of religion.
- One who adhered to Luther in 1529 when he made a solemn declaration of dissent from a decree of Charles V. and the Diet of Spires; a name applied to all Christian denominations that differ from the Church of Rome- restricted to those sprung from the Reformation.
Benedictine, charismatic, Anglican, Protestant Church, Methodist, complaining, benefice, born-again, Christian, Bible thumper, Unitarian, ecclesiastical, Congregational, Calvinism, Pentecostal, Adventist, Christendom, Episcopal, lay, church, complaintive, beadle, protesting, Lutheran, charismatic, evangelical, Amish, acolyte, interdenominational, ecumenical, Baptist, Presbyterian, Adventist.
- "The Saint", Antonio Fogazzaro Commentator: William Roscoe Thayer.
- "The World's Greatest Books, Vol III", Arthur Mee and J.A. Hammerton, Eds..
- "The Student-Life of Germany", William Howitt.