Definition of repentance:
chagrin, humiliation, inhibition, self-condemnation, guilt, self-humiliation, penitency, self-mortification, self-abasement, ignominy, self-denunciation, penance, discomfort, compunction, penitence, remorsefulness, mortification, prick of conscience, guilt trip, embarrassment.
- asceticism (part of speech: noun)
- regret (part of speech: noun)
- penitence (part of speech: noun)
- "En Route", J.-K. (Joris-Karl) Huysmans.
- "The Ancient Law", Ellen Glasgow.
- "The Varmint", Owen Johnson F. R. Gruger.