Definition of restoration :
1. That which is restored or renewed.
2. The act of restoring or bringing back to a former place, station, or condition; the fact of being restored; renewal; reestablishment; as, the restoration of friendship between enemies; the restoration of peace after war.
3. The state of being restored; recovery of health, strength, etc.; as, restoration from sickness.
proceeds, getting even, return key, recovery, tax return, indemnity, new, redress, damages, amends, comeback, reparation, refurbishment, restitution, recurrence, paying back, rejoinder, replication, help, counter, indemnification, riposte, cure, regaining, issue, repair, reconstruction, redevelopment, face-lift, reformation, revampment, payoff, take, recreation, overhaul, yield, facelifting, homecoming, revival, return, takings, retort, coming back, alteration, replacing, reappearance, remodeling, income tax return, reclamation
refreshment (part of speech: noun)
restoration (part of speech: noun)
- Two years after the Restoration she died in London. - "A History of the Four Georges, Volume I (of 4)", Justin McCarthy.
- One morning, therefore, she called Ena's attention to her pallid face and suggested the sunlight of the garden as a means to restoration. - "The Secret Witness", George Gibbs.
- Or, perhaps, you object to my having converted poor Romayne, and to my being ready to accept from him the restoration of the property of the Church. - "The Black Robe", Wilkie Collins.