Definition of safeguard:
rampart, safe-conduct, care, sentry duty, safety device, surety, justification, caution, permission, apology, pass, sentry go, escort, bulwark, protector, attack, passport, preservation, vindication, guard duty, forethought, precaution, safety.
- defend (part of speech: verb)
- guarantee (part of speech: verb)
- protect (part of speech: verb)
- defense (part of speech: noun)
- "Herbert Carter's Legacy", Horatio Alger.
- "Historical Romances: Under the Red Robe, Count Hannibal, A Gentleman of France", Stanley J. Weyman.
- "Will Warburton", George Gissing.