Definition of testament:
- A solemn, authentic instrument in writing, by which a person declares his will as to disposal of his estate and effects after his death.
- One of the two distinct revelations of God's purposes toward man; a covenant; also, one of the two general divisions of the canonical books of the sacred Scriptures, in which the covenants are respectively revealed; as, the Old Testament; the New Testament; -- often limited, in colloquial language, to the latter.
affidavit, witness, philosophy, proof, voucher, clause, gospel, brief, attestation, confirmation, criminal record, substantiation, article, warrant, bond, codicil, dogma, documentation, evidence, demonstration, evidence, proof, authentication, verification, contract, will, testimonial, testimony, true, volition, conveyance, Validation, corroboration, covenant, doctrine, ideology, testimonial, credo.
- "Our Unitarian Gospel", Minot Savage.
- "The Good News of God", Charles Kingsley.
- "The Red Hand of Ulster", George A. Birmingham.