Definition of tour:
- A going round; a circuit; hence, a journey in a circuit; a prolonged circuitous journey; a comprehensive excursion; as, the tour of Europe; the tour of France or England.
- A tower.
- A turn; a revolution; as, the tours of the heavenly bodies.
- anything done successively, or by regular order; a turn; as, a tour of duty.
- To make a tourm; as, to tour throught a country.
patch, see, cruise, hang-up, move, extemporize, turn, entertain, circle, halt, bend, fling, duty tour, tenure, visit, charm, do, limp, inning, hinderance, snag, interference, bit, twist, round, on the lecture circuit, trick, conjure, play, stretch, stint, appear, go, trance, rub, debut, tour of duty, watch, bout, go on, whirl, preventive, incumbrance, routine, stoppage, ecstasy, commute, term of enlistment, preventative, emcee, while, traveling, circuit, good turn, lap, hindrance, spell, amuse, pilgrimage, encumbrance, stay, electric circuit, hug drug, enchantment, pass, crossing, on the talk show circuit, call, go game, time, drop by, magical spell, racing circuit, piece, away, look in, crack, hitch, orbit, swing by, disco biscuit, check, absent, repetition, circumference, pay someone/something a visit/call, transit, shift, call on, hobble, arrest, turn of events, magic spell, electrical circuit, come over, enlistment, offer, turning, assignment, exploration, number, stop, crook, cristal, flight, day trip, act, go around.
- expedition (part of speech: noun)
- wander (part of speech: verb)
Here sat a while, and then my wife and I, it being a most curious clear evening, after some rain to- day, took a most excellent tour by coach to Bow, and there drank and back again, and so a little at the office, and home to read a little, and to supper and bed mightily refreshed with this evening's tour, but troubled that it hath hindered my doing some business which I would have done at the office.- "Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright", Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke.
- "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- "Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens", Albert Bigelow Paine Last Updated: February 20, 2009.