Definition of commonwealth:
rural area, estate, democracy, polity, res publica, landed estate, the U.K., state of matter, earth, acres, demesne, superstate, terra firma, Cape Cod, solid ground, province, tribe, body politic, the Pacific Rim, dry land, kingdom, land, commune, ACT, majority rule, S.A., federation, sovereignty, the Balkans, the Corn Belt, the UAE, race, nation, the Bible Belt, population, state, the British Isles, farming, bloc, colonia, republic, country, domain, commonality, Benelux, soil, the Cotton Belt, ground, Costa.
- mankind (part of speech: noun)
- regional (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Comedies of Terence", Publius Terentius Afer.
- "History of the United Netherlands, 1609", John Lothrop Motley.
- "A Dominie in Doubt", A. S. Neill.