Definition of elector:
- Hence, specifically, in any country, a person legally qualified to vote.
- In the old German empire, one of the princes entitled to choose the emperor.
- One of the persons chosen, by vote of the people in the United States, to elect the President and Vice President.
- One who elects, or has the right of choice; a person who is entitled to take part in an election, or to give his vote in favor of a candidate for office.
- Pertaining to an election or to electors.
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "Monks, Popes, and their Political Intrigues", John Alberger.
In October, 1707, he presented his first piece of porcelain to the Elector, who was greatly pleased with it; and it was resolved that Bottgher should be furnished with the means necessary for perfecting his invention.- "Self Help", Samuel Smiles.